Monday, January 20, 2014

Looking Back & Looking Forward -A New Year!

Happy New Year! I know it is Jan. 20, but I thought I would still share my New Years thoughts and a look back at 2013. 2013 was a good year for us, we had many blessings and I am excited for what 2014 will bring!
I took this picture of my children, Patriot and Samantha, for our Christmas cards, and it made me realize just how much they have grown this past year!


Last spring we had their portraits taken with a friend of mine who is a photographer,  Courtney Dickerson  she does beautiful work and is a great lady! If you live in the St. Louis area, be sure to check her out.





Seeing those pictures makes me look forward to warm spring!

I was able to accomplish some of my goals in 2013. One was finishing our dining room makeover. Although the flooring and table top will be changing this coming year. I am excited for that.



We also did a low budget makeover of the laundry room when we replaced our old washing machine.



In the summer, we added a new furry family member. Mr daughter still adores her little Prince. She is a great mommy.



In the fall, we finally got rid of our icky carpet and installed new flooring. I will be making a post on this once all baseboards have finally been installed. For those who have asked, we chose Allen & Roth Handscraped Driftwood Oak laminate flooring from Lowes. I have to say I have been very happy with it so far. The different tones allows the flooring to go with any shade of wood furniture you may have in a room. It also hides dirt and dog hair very well, I have to look hard to see where I need to clean. I'm not going to complain about that though!



In the fall I also helped my sister throw a Lash Bash for Ipsy and Benefit Cosmetics and we ended up winning the grand prize! A trip to San Francisco to visit the Benefit Cosmetics home office, we go next month, still waiting for someone to pinch me.....

We didn't do much traveling in 2013, I look forward to some fun adventures in 2014.








Last week, after patiently hunting for the past couple years, I finally found the right bed at the most amazingly right price! I have had great success with craigslist and furniture. I plan on using this bed in our master bedroom makeover. It is pretty scratched up and will be receiving a Annie Sloan Chalk Paint makeover.






We are finally painting the kids bath and starting it's long overdue makeover this coming weekend. I can't wait to see it come together!


I have some personal goals for this year, one is to be more in the moment and enjoy the little things in life more.

To step outside of my comfort zone.

                                                                
To worry less and trust God more.
                     
                                                 


To take better care of myself and make healthier choices.

                              


To stay positive and expect great things!




I hope you have had a Happy New Year and are expecting great things also! I truly believe a positive spirit brings positive things! Happy New Year!


Kimberlee

4 comments:

  1. You have such beautiful children!!! I adore those pictures! Good for you,.. you have done so much this past year. Your floors are amazing!!!! I'm looking forward to seeing the bed when it's done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful children and beautiful photos. Blessings to you, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful children you have and the photography was fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wonderful post Kimberlee! You have such beautiful children. They grow up ever so fast. I just want to squish my boys down every now and then. Your floors looks amazing! We are getting ready to rip out the carpet in our master and the flooring we have for the main part of the house is no longer available so I have been trying to figure out what to do for in there.

    ReplyDelete